- Our Firm
- Tax & Accounting
- Corporate Income Tax
- Individual Income Tax
- Passthrough Income Tax
- Estate, Trust & Gift Tax
- State and Local Tax (SALT)
- International Tax
- High-Net Worth Tax Support
- State Income Tax
- Property Tax
- Payroll Tax
- Sales and Use Tax
- Economic Development & Business Incentives
- Tax Planning & Projections
- Client Accounting & Advisory Services (CAAS)
- Concierge Advisory and Accounting
- Cost Segregation Studies
- Family Office Accounting
- Audit & Attestation
- Tax & Accounting
- Our Specialties
- Resources & Insights
- Contact Us
- Client Login
Resources & Insights
Secure 2.0 Act of 2022 Introduces Key Changes for Workplace Retirement Plans
The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2023 (Public Law No. 117-328) that was signed into law on December 29, 2022, by President Joe Biden includes the SECURE 2.0 Act of 2022, which introduces over 90 changes to the federal rules governing workplace retirement plans. This landmark...
IRS provides broad penalty relief for some 2019, 2020 returns
The IRS on August 23, 2022, announced it will grant automatic penalty relief for late-file penalties imposed with respect to certain returns required to be filed...
INFRASTRUCTURE INVESTMENT AND JOBS ACT CONTAINS NEW CRYPTOCURRENCY REPORTING REQUIREMENTS
The bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), which was signed into law on November 15, 2021, includes two provisions affecting the reporting of transactions involving...
Real Estate: Determining if a property is a business or an investment
If you own rental real estate, its classification as a trade or business rather than an investment can have a big impact on your tax bill....
C Corporation, S Corporation or Partnership? Which entity makes the most sense for your business?
The choice of entity is among the most important decisions facing taxpayers when starting a business or investment activity. The choice of tax entity generally includes a C corporation, S corporation or partnership, each having its own advantages and disadvantages that must be evaluated...
Planning for the Unknown: Preparing for Potential Tax Increases Under the Biden Administration
The Biden Administration’s American Families Plan and other tax proposals may complicate the tax landscape for high-income earners. Many of the proposals target taxpayers earning more...
Information security considerations for SOC 2 compliance in a remote work environment
By: Nirav Shah, Principal, IT Risk Assurance & Advisory Services In 2020, as organizations began to adapt to the workplace requirements as a result of Covid-19,...
“FREE” COBRA GROUP HEALTH CARE FOR UP TO SIX MONTHS FOR INVOLUNTARILY TERMINATED (OR REDUCED HOURS) EMPLOYEES
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA), enacted on March 11, 2021, creates a requirement that employers treat the total payment for Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act...
Restaurant Revitalization Fund
We are reaching out today because we want to make sure you are aware of the opportunity that this fund may present for you and your...
GENERAL ASPECTS OF 2021 FINAL REGULATIONS ON DEDUCTION OF BUSINESS INTEREST EXPENSE
On January 5, 2021, Treasury and the IRS issued a second set of final regulations on the deduction of business interest expense (the 2021 final regulations) that provide...
Downloads and Guides
Click the links below to view a variety of brochures breaking down vital information, compiled by our experts.
- 2022 Year-End Tax Planning Guide for Businesses
- 2022 Year-End Tax Planning Guide for Individuals
- 1099 Contractor Template
- 2022 Inflation Reduction Act – Summary Guide
- Business Organizer Checklist
- Sales and Use Tax Services
- Risk Assurance and Advisory Services
- Record Retention Guide
- Valuations & Transactions
- Tax Services for Executives & Professionals
- Tax Reform & Individuals
- Tax Compliance & Consulting
- System and Organization Controls (SOC)
- Risk Assurance & Advisory
- Real Estate Construction Development
- Manufacturers & Distributors
- Internal Audit
- High Net Worth Tax Support
- Transportation & Logistics
- Employee Benefits Plan Audits
- Financial Statement Audit Services
- Financial Institution Services
- Estate Planning
- Cost Segregation Studies
- Business Services Group
- A Day in the Life of an Internal Auditor
- Hancock Askew – Executive Overview
- The Ledger @ Hancock Askew
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Georgia Society of CPA’s
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
- SCORE – Counselors to America’s Small Business
- SBA – United States Small Business Administration
- Georgia Department of Labor
- South Carolina Department of Revenue
- Georgia Department of Revenue
- Online Registration of GA Corporations, Partnerships, and LLCs
- IRS – Federal Tax Forms and Information
- File Sharing
- BDO Alliance
Remain informed and connected. Follow us and join our mailing list.
An independent member of the BDO Alliance | Hancock Askew & CO, LLP ©2019.All Rights Reserved.
Hancock Askew & Co, LLP is committed to complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0 AA). For more information or if you need assistance, please contact email@example.com.