- Our Firm
- Tax & Accounting
- Audit & Attestation
- Our Specialties
- Resources & Insights
- Contact Us
- Secure Upload
Employee Benefit Plan Audit
Experienced Auditors and Consultants
We can help with your
Successfully Navigate Complexity and Regulations
The Employee Benefit Plan Services Team provides a full range of audit, tax, and consulting services – including plan audits in accordance with the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), advice on regulatory and reporting requirements, and consultations for plan sponsors – to support benefit plan clients. Our exclusive focus in the ERISA arena means you can count us to help you address the accounting and regulatory changes that could potentially impact your plans and operations.
Our team understands the challenges brought about by ever-changing reporting requirements. Leveraging our experience working with the Department of Labor (DOL) and Internal Revenue Service (IRS), we can help you evaluate areas of risk, develop a plan to mitigate these risks, adhere to operational and reporting requirements, and mitigate penalties for noncompliance
We have significant experience with 401(k), ESOP, defined contribution, defined benefit, 11-K (SEC filings), master trust, 403(b) and health and welfare. We audit plans ranging in size from 100 participants to more than 43,000. These plans retain assets from under a million dollars to several billion dollars.
- Audits of qualified retirement benefit plans and health and welfare benefit plans
- Preparation of Form 5500s and 5330s
- Due diligence on plan mergers and acquisitions
- Submission of benefit plans under the IRS Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System
- Submission of benefit plans under the DOL Voluntary Fiduciary Correction Program and the Delinquent Filer Voluntary Compliance Program
- Responses to IRS and DOL inquiries regarding reporting and disclosure requirements
- Preparation of summary annual reports
- Diagnostic reviews of ERISA plans
- Assistance with financial statement preparation, audit readiness, and coordination with plan sponsors and their auditors in conjunction with annual plan audits
Hancock Askew’s team is professional and possesses an experienced practicality in their approach to auditing employee benefit plans. Their level of experience means our team does not have to waste time with immaterial details that other firms may get hung up on.
Employee Benefits International Finance Firm
Get in Touch
How can we help? We want to hear from you. Sign up below to get in touch with one of our experts.