- Our Firm
- Tax & Accounting
- Corporate Income Tax
- Individual Income Tax
- Passthrough Income Tax
- Estate, Trust & Gift Tax
- State and Local Tax (SALT)
- International Tax
- High-Net Worth Tax Support
- State Income Tax
- Property Tax
- Payroll Tax
- Sales and Use Tax
- Economic Development & Business Incentives
- Tax Planning & Projections
- Client Accounting & Advisory Services (CAAS)
- Concierge Advisory and Accounting
- Cost Segregation Studies
- Family Office Accounting
- Audit & Attestation
- Tax & Accounting
- Our Specialties
- Resources & Insights
- Contact Us
- Client Login
Florida QRT Grant Overview
- Qualified Business: Very broad, but excludes retail businesses (i.e., restaurants and gyms).
- Job Creation: Hire at least 10 Florida employees (W-2) in a 12-month period.
- Average Annual Wage (AAW): Pay at least 115% of the lesser of the State of Florida or County AAW (2023 115% State AWW is $69,202). Eligible wages are W-2 compensation which includes overtime, commissions, and bonuses.
- Training: Provided by a third party and company employee lead / on-the-job training, classroom, and desktop (more about job creation than training).
- Award amount is between $2,500 and $4,500 per new hire.
- Several factors affect the award amount. The main factor is the AAW (if the AAW is 150% of the AWW, then the award is usually between $3,000 and $3,500. If the AAW is 200% of the AWW the award is usually between $3,500 and $4,000).
- QRT Grant application cycle is July 1 – June 30. As of October 31, CSF had $3.75 million in grant remaining out of its $7.5 million grant allocation.
Value Proposition (Why use HAC)
- Grant application is more of an art than a science.
- Online application is difficult to complete because the platform used by CSF is not user friendly.
- Since the inception of the program in 1993, Hancock Askew’s C.J. Evans, Director of SALT – Economic Development / Business Incentives, has secured more QRT Training grants for companies than any other consultant.
If you have questions or want to learn more about this grant, call or email C.J. Evans.
C.J. Evans, Jr., JD
SALT – Economic Development / Business Incentives
Hancock Askew & Co., LLP
813.755.9622 – Direct | 727.512.4649 – Mobile
Remain informed and connected. Follow us and join our mailing list.
Hancock Askew & Co, LLP is committed to complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0 AA). For more information or if you need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.